The Safety City Staff
- Elise Roberts
- Elise Roberts, from Sonora, California, is the new Public Education Coordinator for the Abilene Fire Department. Elise worked for the United States Forest Service for 10 years and the Texas A&M Forest Service for four years. During that time, she worked as a Hotshot wildland firefighter, engine crew member, squad leader on helicopters, dozer operator, and an air base radio operator. She also spent four of those 13 years as a prevention officer performing Smokey Bear programs delivering messages and safety tips to children and adults. Elise is now making her transition to the structure firefighter world. She is looking forward to working at Safety City, with the department and the public through programs and events. Elise takes a lot of pride in every job she does and is very dedicated to teaching children about fire safety and prevention.
"I look forward to meeting you all. I am very excited to be a part of the Abilene Fire Department Family."
- Kendra Kastner
- Kendra Kastner joined Safety City in August 2016. She was born and raised here in Abilene, Texas. She started coaching youth sports at the age of 16, and still works with several youth sports programs still today. Graduating in 2006 from Abilene Christian University with an Exercise Science Bachelor of Science degree has prepared her for all the energetic children that will soon invade Safety City! In 2010 she traveled to Ukraine on a mission to work with orphans and at-risk youth for three months. Prior to joining the Safety City family, Kendra worked for several years in the health field traveling all over Texas, Oklahoma, and New Mexico. These days she is excited to be sticking closer to home and preparing your children to be safe in this crazy world!
- Steven Bockenfeld
- "Mr. B." joined Safety City in the summer of 2012 after spending 30 years in the Air Force. Since arriving in Abilene in 1994, he has received an education degree from McMurry University, three associate's degrees from Community College of the Air Force, Lean Six Sigma certification from Villanova University and Emergency Management certification from FEMA. He looks forward to working with the fantastic people of the Big Country and is very excited to contribute to the community in an environment where he can teach children and enjoy the outdoors.
- Trooper Frederick B. Biddle III
- Trooper Biddle spent 24 years in the Air Force and holds Associate Degrees in Criminal Justice and Personnel Administration. He has been with the Department of Public Safety since 2004. He is currently the DPS Safety Education Services and Public Information officer for the Abilene area and looks forward to working with our children.
Officers of the Abilene Police Department, Troopers from Texas Department of Public Safety, and Firefighters from the Abilene Fire Department assist Safety City when needed. We appreciate their support in the Safety City program.